Operations & Supply Chain Manager
Arzeda is solving some of today’s hardest and most meaningful problems – from food and nutrition to sustainable materials and homecare – by designing proteins that have the limitless potential to change everyone’s daily life. Our team has developed a proven technology platform that merges computational protein design, machine learning, and synthetic biology tools to produce proteins, enzymes, and bio-based processes more efficiently than even Mother Nature. A deep tech, mission-driven company, we are passionate about our mission to design novel proteins and products that enhance our lives and protect our planet. At Arzeda, we value a strong desire to learn, innovate and be continuously challenged.
We are seeking an Operations & Supply Chain Manager to join our growing team in Seattle, WA. The Operations & Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations related to the launch and ongoing management of Arzeda’s manufacturing of enzymes and products. Arzeda’s manufacturing is via contract manufacturing organizations (CMO’s), including scale-up and ongoing production. This position will be heavily supported by the executive team, with ample opportunities to be mentored by an experienced team. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Business Development - Food and working closely with both the executive leadership team and product development team. This is an opportunity to build, manage and execute Arzeda’s manufacturing strategy.
Arzeda is located in Seattle, Washington. Nestled among the historic and artistic neighborhoods of Ballard, Fremont and Queen Anne, you'll find the right balance of activities and relaxation. Whether you're indulging your inner foodie at one of many unique restaurants, drinking a craft beverage after a day at the beach, or enjoying a picturesque walk through the Sunday Market, you'll be proud to call Seattle your home.
- Operations planning, execution and management of Arzeda’s manufacturing of enzyme products and their deployment in bioconversion processes to manufacture food ingredients
- CMOs contract negotiation, liaison and oversight striving to reduce cost of goods sold via ingredient purchases, CMO cost of manufacturing, and other supply chain efficiencies
- CMO network development, knowledge of CMO’s capability, capacity to have capability to meet Arzeda demand as we continue to grow
- Professional development of Arzeda’s image, credibility, and positive interactions with CMO’s globally
- Manage supply chain & logistics planning necessary for enzyme and food ingredients products manufacturing and order fulfillment
- Develop a QC/QA management strategy
- Deliver against customer order demand and fulfillment
- Create a metric for complete and on-time – aligning capability of manufacturing with customer expectation
- Participate with business and financial functions at Arzeda in building accurate COGS and financial models for each Arzeda enzyme products
- Prepare weekly operational updates on manufacturing to leadership team, and project management team
- 5-6 years building/managing CMO networks, and 10 years overall experience in supply chain and operations
- 7-10 years' experience in enzymes and/or specialty ingredient manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience in operations management for both commercial enzyme/protein fermentation as well as bioconversion (Biocatalysis)
- Experience with food enzymes or food ingredients required
- Proven ability to interface and manage CMO in terms of meeting deliverables, quality, and timeline
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Ability to work tightly and productively with business and technical teams, to achieve goals on time
- World-class organizational and project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations, engineering, supply chain management
- Ability to travel domestically up to 30-40%, sometimes internationally
- Seattle based preferred, will consider remote for an exceptional candidate
Nice to haves (but not required):
- MBA is a plus
- Bachelors in life sciences or engineering
- Strong understanding of biotechnology industry
Arzeda compensation and benefits include:
- Comprehensive compensation package, to include equity
- Base Salary: $131,000-170,000 (may vary based on level of experience, education and geography)
- Paid time off; company-observed holidays to include a company paid holiday closure between Dec 25 and Jan 1; and paid medical/family leave
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance to include options for Health Savings Accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
Arzeda is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding), genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Something looks off?