Internal Audit Manager
About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty, and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- BE BOLD! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- BE INSPIRED! We have purpose in our work-we are curious, engaged, and have fun. We maintain an active learning mindset and are motivated by diverse people and thoughts. We are energized by all innovators and together we aim to make an impact and contribute to building a better world.
- BE REAL! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
The Finance Department oversees the accounting and financial planning and reporting functions of the organization. The team oversees accounting functions such as ledger accounts, financial statements, and cost control systems with a focus on regulatory compliance and practices.
Benson Hill is creating an Internal Audit Manager position to expand its Internal Audit team, reporting directly to the Director of Internal Audit. This position is responsible for the timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects, including annual Sarbanes Oxley testing. This is a remote/in-office hybrid position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Participates and reviews Sarbanes Oxley testing including the evaluation of Management’s documentation of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Completes and reviews audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Maintains internal control systems by updating audit programs and recommending new policies and procedures.
- Communicates audit findings by preparing a final report and discussing findings with auditees.
- Prepares and reviews special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends (as applicable).
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to Internal Audit team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties and special projects as needed.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA highly desired, but not required
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of internal or external audit experience required.
- Solid knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, SOX and audit concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong math and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must maintain confidentiality of client transactions and records
- Ability to prioritize; handle multiple tasks; and work independently
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and/or standard audit practices
- Knowledge/utilization of an Audit tool (i.e., Workiva) highly desired, but not required
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….
Something looks off?