Indoor Operations Technician - Contract (Karla Santos, Crop Accelerator)
INDOOR OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN (CONTRACT)
CORPORATE OFFICE - ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI
BE BOLD! BE INSPIRED! BE REAL! BE YOU.
Our core values are what drive and inspire us. We are not seeking ordinary – we are seeking those who want to build something unique, be challenged, and shake the food system as we know it. Here at Benson Hill, you’ll be part of something greater than yourself. You’ll do work you’ve only heard of. We want the real you.
About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
The Crop Accelerator is a state-of-the-art, controlled environment research facility that allows Benson Hill to accelerate biology, by enabling the rapid development of feed, food, and food ingredients, ultimately positioning farmers and food companies to grow and deliver healthy, better tasting products. Our innovative facility has dynamically adaptive growth chambers providing 365 days of optimal growing conditions. Furthermore, Benson Hill’s CropOS technology coupled with the Crop Accelerator’s world-leading high-throughput phenotyping and automation capabilities enables predictive outcomes allowing Benson Hill to develop varieties significantly faster than traditional cropping methods; essentially moving us beyond the speed of biology.
We are actively seeking an Indoor Operations Technician Contractor to join our rapidly growing Crop Accelerator Team. The Indoor Operations Technician Contractor will be responsible for providing support to the Indoor Operations team by assisting with a variety of day-to-day tasks including, but not limited to, threshing, seed inventory, pot preparation, general plant maintenance, and maintaining cleanliness of the facility. We are looking for someone who enjoys repetitive tasks and has a drive for productivity. The Indoor Operations Technician will support activities by performing routine tasks under supervision and is expected to follow protocols and safety procedures.
(Essential Duties and Responsibilities)
- Assisting with:
- Tissue sampling
- Threshing, seed counting, seed inventory
- Data collection and entry
- Plant staking and tying
- Growth space cleaning and turnover
- Potential to perform pollinations
- Ensure data integrity and transparency for plant and seed records within the Crop Accelerator workflows
- Daily operation of pot-filling and pot-washing machines
- Cleaning and upkeep of the facility
You Have (Competencies and Qualifications):
- HS diploma/ GED/ or equivalent
- Relevant experience in an agricultural field is preferred
- Proficient at Microsoft suite of products
- Experience working in protected Ag, controlled environments, or a seed company preferred
- Strong drive for data integrity and operational excellence
- Team player who gives support when able and asks for help when needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, reliable, and hard working
- Must be able to work occasional weekends as required by workload
- Focused attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and work independently to meet goals and milestones
- Understands change is constant and embraces continuous improvement
- Ability to work on your feet for several hours a day and ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Ability to work in an indoor growing environment (hot, humid, bright, loud)
- Previous pollination experience is a plus