Data Engineering Intern - Machine Learning
About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
Benson Hill is looking for an energetic and passionate ML Engineer Intern to accelerate our R&D Machine Learning Pipeline. This exciting opportunity will allow you to work collaboratively with the Data Science and Product Development business teams in R&D to translate business needs into scalable predictive models and or other analytical solutions to support Benson Hill R&D activities.
(Essential Duties and Responsibilities)
Benson Hill requires a dedicated machine learning engineer
- Enable creative scalable engineering solutions for data gathering and integration for structured and unstructured data sets
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Python code
- Work with users to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and translate them into pragmatic and effective technical designs
- Automate & orchestrate ML pipelines
- Engineer cloud deployed software solutions to enable data and analytics pipelines
- Continuously improve and maintain code quality through writing unit tests, automation, and code reviews
(Competencies and Qualifications)
- Completed or pursuing a B.S. or higher in a CS or STEM field
- Experience with Machine Learning, DevOps, Feature data modeling, software engineering and/or related fields
- Experience building data solutions & ML pipelines
- Exposure or hands-on experience using tools such as: Python, GIT, and database languages
- Outstanding written and oral presentation skills are required for both internal and sponsor-facing communications
- Self-motivated to learn new knowledge and techniques