Lab Operations Associate Manager
South San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Brightseed is a pioneer in biosciences and artificial intelligence (A.I.) that illuminates nature to restore human health. Brightseed’s proprietary A.I., Forager®, accelerates bioactive discovery, biological validation and ingredient formulation from years to months, rapidly revealing new connections between nature and humanity. Through Forager® and clinical evaluation, Brightseed partners with organizations across the consumer health continuum to offer insight into the world of bioactives and health solutions. Visit www.brightseedbio.com to learn more.
Bioactives are small molecule compounds produced by plants, fungi, and microbes that grow in and adapt to environments that present a wide range of challenges to their survival. Bioactives also benefit the health of humans – they are the enlivening caffeine in tea, the powerful antioxidant lycopene in tomatoes or curcumin in turmeric, and they inform active ingredients in medicines like Taxol, aspirin and Metformin, the latter a first-line treatment for Type 2 diabetes derived from the French lilac flower. Science has long known that bioactives are critical to human health, yet the vast majority remain unknown and uncharted – often referred to as the “dark matter” of nutrition. Brightseed’s A.I., Forager®, discovers bioactives in nature and maps them to human health outcomes at a rate and accuracy that was previously impossible.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Lab Operations Associate/Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the lab. You will create and implement policies and procedures that ensure the organization and efficiency of the lab and compliance adherence. This position works in close liaison with Procurement, EHS, and Technical Operations to support the lab by owning and managing the lab space.
- Create and implement an effective approach to advancing lab operations through simplification, optimization, and efficiency
- Develop and manage laboratory organization and lab space allocations
- Create and manage lab operational policies and procedures
- Leverage digital solutions to drive operational efficiency in all aspects of lab operations
- Manage lab supplies stock areas
- Collaborate with the facilities group on building maintenance, repairs, and lab expansions
- Collaborate with the Operations group, EHS consultant, and external vendors to manage and implement lab safety processes
- Assist with shipping and receiving packages and samples
- Associate's Degree with 5+ years of industry experience or Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline with 3+ years of experience in Lab Operations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed for our extremely collaborative environment.
- Proactively identifying lab operations improvements and being able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional attention to detail while prioritizing tasks, meeting deadlines, and staying organized
- Ability to problem solve, both independently and with peers, to form and execute actionable plans to solve operational challenges
- ERP experience is preferred
- The salary range for this position is $75,600-$90,600
- Compensation for this position is commensurate with relevant qualifications and work experience, academic credentials, job related skills, employment location and other factors.
- More senior candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
THE BENEFITS YOU'LL ENJOY
As a lab based company, where in person collaboration is key to drive innovation, we encourage all team members to be in our office most days each week. However we appreciate and honor the need and desire for flexibility and have implemented a hybrid working model. We have a fully stocked healthy kitchen, a gym onsite, plenty of free parking, weekly team events and a state-of-the-art lab and office.
We offer a competitive total rewards package with team-first benefits programs for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, unlimited paid time off, life insurance, employee assistance programs, 401(k) plan, a mental health platform, employee discounts, payroll credits for cell phone and commuter costs and a paid parental leave program.
JOIN US, AND BE YOU
We are committed to making transformative discoveries with a team-first mentality. Successful team members are truth-seeking and trusting, with the tenacity required to trail blaze in uncharted territory. We are a collaborative team that actively seeks input and values differing perspectives. And we produce tangible results, holding ourselves accountable in the process.
We are also committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of connectedness and inclusion. We grow and learn together, respecting professional and personal experiences, areas of expertise, and types of self expression.
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that each one of us brings in terms of education, opinions, culture, color, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, different abilities, sexual orientation and beliefs.
See more open positions at Brightseed
Something looks off?